This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


!Advanced notice: Changes to services from 1st April 2018. We are no longer able to to provide the following services; routine ECGs and Spirometry.  Click here for further information

Job vacancy - we are looking for 1-2 Salaried GP's
For further information, click HERE or the 'Job Vacancies' tab on the right >>>>

Jan-18: 258 people failed to attend their GP/Nurse appointment! This is equal to 43 hours of wasted appointments!
PLEASE - if you do not need it or cannot make it, cancel it so we can offer it to someone else.

UEA Medical Certificates for Students

We produce medical certificates to provide evidence in support of extenuating circumstances for deadline assessments and event assessments. 

In the first instance, students must self-certify their first episode of illness in each academic year. (For 2018/19, students will be able to self-certify twice)

If you have already self-certified ONCE within the current academic year, only then, is it appropriate to request a medical certificate from the UEA Medical Centre.  You must see a doctor or nurse to get this certificate, unless you have already been seen by a doctor or nurse regarding the condition concerned (see below).   

Completed certificates are emailed directly to your Hub. 

Request Form for Medical Certificate (after seeing a doctor or nurse)

This form is only appropriate if you have already seen a doctor or nurse at the UEA Medical Centre recently, about the condition concerned.  You may still need a further appointment to discuss the certificate - we will email you if this is the case. Otherwise, the completed certificate will be emailed directly to your HUB, within 10 working days. 

DOWNLOAD: Request for medical certificate form

Absence reporting (up to 7 days)

If you wish to report an absence on medical grounds for up to 7 consecutive days where such absence does not involve attendance at a course test, assessed practice or seminar at which a student was scheduled to give a presentation, or submission of a item of assessed work, then you can self certify and do not need a medical certificate.  Please see




Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website